Middle Years Programme (MYP)
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students in grades 6-10 provides a framework of academic challenge that encourages students to embrace and to understand the connections between traditional subjects and the real world and to become critical and reflective thinkers.
As the diagram below indicates, the programme consists of eight subject groups that provide an international framework for learning within and across the subjects. Students in grades 6-8 are required to study all core and electives yearly, whereas students in grades 9-10 will study all core subjects yearly and at least one elective course for a full year.
- Language and Literature (English)
- Language Acquisition (World Language)
- Individuals and Societies (Social Studies)
- Arts (Visual and Performing)
- Physical and Health Education
- Design (Technology, Family & Consumer Science, Business)
In their final year of the MYP, students engage in a personal project, which allows them to demonstrate the understandings and skills they have developed throughout the programme.
The following links provide additional information about the IB: