Community Facility Use
Northville Public Schools facilities are made available to responsible local groups and organizations in accordance with Board of Education Policy No. 3016. A minimum of 51% of the group's participants must be district residents. Facilities will not be rented for craft, electronics, animal, hobby or for-profit business activities or for private parties such as weddings, anniversaries, private dance recitals or memorials.
- District-Sponsored Student Clubs
- Local scouts
- PTA groups
- Non-affiliated local groups
- Local 501c organizations
- Request to be a Community User - A representative from your organization should create an account for the online portal. You may have more than one representative with an account. The representative will receive emails and invoices related to facility rentals for your organization as well as agree to the Terms and Conditions for use.
- Proof of Residency - Provide a copy of your organization roster to verify 51% District Residents. This will be required on an annual basis.
- Proof of Liability Insurance - District-sponsored student groups are insured under the District's property and casualty policy. All other groups are required to secure $1,000,000.00 liability insurance policy naming Northville Public Schools as additional insured. Proof of insurance is required prior to the scheduled activity.
Facility Use Fees
Groups of citizens and organizations requesting the use of District facilities are assessed fees set by the Board of Education according to the classifications outlined below. Requests to use available space should be completed online through ML Schedules
Note: Custodial fees can be avoided or minimized when events are scheduled coincident with regular GRBS staffing. When such scheduling is unavoidable, and the District incurs special charges from our custodial contractor, those charges become the responsibility of the group using the facility.
- Affiliated groups: Affiliated groups may use school facilities on no-charge basis if they agree to meet in the most cost-efficient space available and if they agree to meet during regular custodial working hours, Monday through Friday. If the activity is scheduled on a weekend, a vacation period or at a time during which no regularly scheduled custodians, the affiliated group will be assessed any associated custodial and maintenance costs. Affiliated groups membership must be comprised of Northville residents.
- Scouting groups: Scouting groups may use school facilities on a no-charge basis if their meetings are scheduled Monday through Friday and if they are concluded by 9:00pm. Scouting groups requesting the use of school facilities after these days and times will be charged a custodial fee. Scout groups must have proof of liability insurance on file naming Northville Public Schools as additional insured.
In lieu of a rental fee for facility use Monday through Friday prior to 9:00pm, and consistent with Scouting principles and values, troops who use District facilities are encouraged to complete a District community service project. Troop leaders should complete a project application at the beginning of the year and coordinate implementation of their project with the District’s Operations Department.
- Non-affiliated groups: Non-affiliated groups are those organizations not described in either of the above two categories and who are not recognized by the IRS as a separate, legal 501c entity. Facilities will not be rented for craft, electronics, animal, hobby or for-profit business activities or for private parties such as wedding, anniversaries, private dance recitals or memorials.
All Northville residents and organizations in this category are expected to pay fees to cover personnel costs for persons such as food service staff, custodians, lifeguards, athletic field supervisor, special equipment operators, technicians, student technicians and utility fees. The fee schedule is available online and payment shall be made to Northville Public Schools. (Note: Direct payment to individual District employees is prohibited). Non-affiliated groups must have proof of liability insurance on file naming Northville Public Schools as additional insured.
- 501c Groups: Organizations with verified 501c designations through the IRS are charged at 50% of the non-affiliated group rental rate. 501c groups must have proof of liability insurance on file naming Northville Public Schools as additional insured. Discount applies to rental fee only. Custodial fees are at the full rate.
Register for an Account
First-time Users only
All Northville Public Schools facility requests are completed online. The first step needed to make an online facility request is to create an ML Schedules user account. Please complete all information fields and then click submit. You should receive an email confirming completion of the registration.
To get started, please contact Judy Huggins at [email protected].
Login & Reserve
Once your group is approved, you can start making facility reservations by logging in to your account. We will provide you with the link. The video and Quick Start Guide provided below will further explain the reservation process. Please note that reservations must be made 7 days in advance.