Northville Parent Camp 2018
Saturday, March 24, 2018
9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Keynote Address by the U of M Department of Psychiatry TRAILS Program (Transforming Research into Action to Improve the Lives of Students)
- More than 20 Breakout Sessions for parents, led by Northville educators and experts from across the community
- Topics include:
- Raise a Self, Not a Selfie: Part 1 – Building Self Awareness,
Part 2: The Minefields of Adolescence: Self-Worth, Anxiety and Relationships
- School Safety and Security: Part 1: ALICE Overview for Parents;
Part 2 – School Safety and Security Dialog
- Vaping 101: What's Important to Know
- Developing Your Child's Organizational Skills at Home
- Supporting Your Honors' Student
- Trending Tech in the Classroom
- Elementary Math: Number Talks
- Talking About Books with Your Child to Improve Reading Comprehension
- Read Aloud with Accountable Talk
- 3rd Grade Reading Legislation and Individualized Reading Plans
- High School Project Lead the Way Courses
- NPAAS - Our Beginning, Present and Future
- Keep Your Student(s) Connected with Library Resources & Programs
- Schools Transitions: Middle to High School;
- College Transitions - What You Need to Know Now!
- College Planning 101
- The Schoolcraft Advantage
Refreshments at 8:30 a.m. Keynote Address at 9:00 a.m.
Northville High School Auditorium
45700 Six Mile Road, Northville
See the Attached Flyer and Program for More Information.
Contact the Northville Public Schools Office of Instruction at 248-344-3520 with Questions.
Click here to sign up for Parent Camp