Skip to main content

Northville public schools

Main Menu Toggle

Hillside Middle School Ribbon-Cutting & Community Open House on 9/30/21

Located at 775 N. Center Street, the school originally opened as Northville High School in 1959, and was home to the Northville Mustangs until 2000, when the high school moved to its current location on Six Mile Road.  Hillside Middle School was launched in 2000, encompassing students from the former Cooke Middle School.  Funded by Bond 2017, the redesign of the 62-year-old school included the major addition of a new academic wing, renovation of a portion of the existing building, and demolition of the remaining portion of the former facility to make way for parking and green spaces.  The school features flexible, modern learning spaces designed for middle school students, satellite classrooms that are a part of the Cooke Center program, and spaces designed for shared use by the Northville Community Parks and Recreation program.    
 
Visitors to the Open House will have the opportunity to participate in student-led small group tours that will kick-off from the cafetorium, and include views of classrooms, the media center, fine and performing arts spaces, science labs, flexible collaborative spaces and the amazing views overlooking our Northville community.
 
The Hillside Middle School construction and renovation project was part of the second and third phases of a $104.85 million, multi-year Bond 2017 construction and program initiative generously approved by voters in November, 2017 that has touched every learner and every school across Northville Public Schools!
 
We could not have done this without the support of our community.  We hope you can join us as we celebrate the rebirth of Hillside Middle School!