- Subscribe to the district’s LISTSERV e-mail service to receive information and updates during emergency situations via your e-mail address.
- Regularly update telephone numbers on your student’s School Emergency Card to ensure you receive information and updates during emergency situations.
- Discuss the purpose of the periodic school lockdown and shelter-in-place drills with your child.
- Do not report to your child’s school during emergency situations. Law enforcement officials will not allow entry to the school site during a lockdown or shelter-in-place.
- Avoid calling the school or the district during the emergency.
- Monitor emergency information updates using the district’s LISTSERV, website, automated call-out system, and local media.
- After school and law enforcement officials give the “all clear,” parents may pick up their students at school or the designated reunification site.
- Parent/guardian/caregiver identification will be required before the student is released.