Components of WOW
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) training for each school building’s crisis team.
- Tabletop exercises for each school building’s crisis team.
- A full-scale disaster exercise (conducted at Meads Mill Middle School in September 2008).
- Detailed virtual tactical maps of every middle and high school in the consortium accessible to local law enforcement officials.
- Emergency alerting systems in place for all school districts to contact parents and first responders in an emergency.
- Safe schools workshops for school families to help parents identify and report safety issues.
- Critical Incident Stress Management training for all school counselors.
- A training DVD that outlines safety and security procedures for all new hires and substitute staff.
- A pandemic flu plan that addresses all phases of crisis team planning.