Now Accepting Enrollments for all grades!
Complete Enrollment Steps 1 through 5
STEP 1: Schedule an Appointment
This appointment is for those ready to enroll a student with proper residency requirements. If you are searching for information about Northville Schools, please call one of the schools or the Office of Instruction at (248) 344-3520.
At the time of the appointment, you must provide "Primary Proof of Northville Residency" (see step 3B below)
Appointments take place at 501 W. Main Street. Only one appointment is needed per family and only one parent is required to attend the appointment. The student does not need to attend.
STEP 2: Complete the Online Pre-Enrollment for each new student
Complete the Online Pre-Enrollment
- This "pre-enrollment" step sets up an account on our student data system.
STEP 3: Prepare Documents for Scheduled Appointment
A. Provide Certified Birth Certificate (required)
Michigan law requires that the school maintain a copy of each student's birth certificate. Parents must submit a certified birth certificate (original raised seal). If the birth certificate is not in English, a passport or VISA must also be submitted.
NOTE: Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st or if age 5 between September 2nd and December 1st, the parent will be required to complete a waiver at enrollment appointment.
B. Gather Residency Documentation
- The parent/guardian must provide one(1) Primary Proof of Residency document (REQUIRED):
- Signed Lease or Mortgage/Property Tax Statement
- Property Transfer Affidavit
- Warranty Deed
- Residency Affidavit - Shared Household
- Required form below to be completed and notarized by homeowner and parent/guardian.
- Homeowner must provide proofs of residency documents as stated on form.
- Parent/Guardian must provide 2 additional proofs as stated in list below.
- Both homeowner and parent/guardian must attend enrollment appointment.
- Plus two (2) additional proofs. (REQUIRED unless new lease/purchase - up to 30 days to provide)
Office personnel will make copies:
- IRS Information
- Charge card statement (Financial Information & credit card number may be crossed out)
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill (excluding water bill)
- Employment record
- Auto/Health Insurance document
C. Immunization Record
- Your child must have an updated immunization record OR an immunization waiver from the county Health Department BEFORE the start of 2017-2018 school year.
D. Proof of Vision Screening (Kindergarten Only)
Please provide proof of a vision screen, performed in the last three years.
E. Print and Complete the following Documents
STEP 4: Visit your student's school and website
Each school may have additional forms and documents that may be required prior to your student's first day of school. Please click on the school below to see requirements.
STEP 5: Stay Informed
If you have not already done so, please sign up to receive the latest information from Northville Public Schools and your student's school