Beginning November 1, 2016, Northville Public Schools’ parents and guardians will be able to update contact information for themselves and their students directly by logging in to the MISTAR ParentPortal (also known as ParentConnect). This ability for parents to more easily update contact information will help ensure timely and relevant communication to and from home and school for students, parents and staff.
This new feature will allow parents and guardians to:
- Update parent phone numbers and e-mail addresses in the MISTAR database.
- Change their student’s primary phone number, used by the district’s parent notification system, Edulink, to alert parents of snow days, attendance issues, building updates and other important messages. (Note: Parents can also opt NOT to receive snow day notifications via Edulink, while continuing to receive other important school and district-wide news and information.)
The MISTAR ParentPortal is a web application that provides parents with direct access to their students’ data via the Internet. Using a confidential PIN and password, parents can connect to the school district’s student database using a web browser and view their son’s or daughter’s data, including progress reports, attendance records, report cards, transcripts and more.
Parents and guardians can update contact information, as well as their students’ primary phone number, by following these steps:
- Log in to the MISTAR ParentPortal.
- Click on the “My Information” link at the top right of the page.
- Update the fields you would like changed, and click the “Submit” button on the top left of the page.
- The change will be flagged as pending until approved by school personnel. Please allow up to five days for changes to be approved.